“From ‘meeting all the food safety requirements’ to a watertight allergen system.”
Fooddesk allergens, your insurance
As a care institution you do everything you can to guarantee quality in accordance with ISO 22000, JCI, Prezo and NIAS. Besides medical care, food supply is a very important matter when it comes to the safety and the experience of your patients or clients. But where do you get the security when it comes to food? Checking allergen and nutrient information is a tough job. Over 30% of all product specifications contain errors or missing information, while keeping the product changes up-to-date is quite laborious.
The facts ...
“Allergen information given to patients or customers today is often incorrect because data is not verified and not up to date. Copying the manufacturer’s Patient Safety sheet directly is also risky if the data are incorrect. To exclude this risk, all data must be checked. It is not enough to check this once, the process has to be repeated with every change. Fooddesk checks all the data you use as a care institution with its own dietician team, specialised in allergens. Incorrect data are excluded by this intensive monitoring.” Tammo van Leeuwen, CEO Fooddesk
The advantages of Fooddesk allergens
Features & Benefits
How does it work?
- Fooddesk is a cloud-based solution tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector, with continuously updated product sheets for food professionals in industrial kitchens. Our own dietician team takes care of correct and complete nutritional data. We check data sheets to make sure correct information is available to you at all times. We take concerns off your hand by taking patient safety to the next level.
- Fooddesk has a user-friendly recipe system for which our dieticians check all datasheets. Recipes are entered into the system, then raw materials are linked to the right meal. Every ingredient is linked to a technical data sheet which is requested after entering the recipe. This means that all allergens are determined at ingredient level.
- The Fooddesk dietician team requests the technical data sheets from the supplier or manufacturer. After that, allergens, sub-allergens, trace elements and nutritional value are checked. Data sheets with a logical structure will help you to continue your allergen management without a care. A technical data sheet is maximum 3 years old. We aim to request a data sheet every year, to make sure the most recent data sheet is used.
- Fooddesk is linked with the GS1 and PSinFood databases, international databases with food product data. The manufacturer enters the product data, and the database shares the information with others and Fooddesk. If a manufacturer makes a change in the database, we are immediately notified thereof.
- Allergens can be shown via infodesk or EasyButler. The allergen system can be consulted via a web browser; preferably Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
When all technical sheets are checked by Fooddesk, you can consider this as a safe product and a security for your industrial kitchen, your care institution and, most of all, for your patients or customers!
Want to start with Fooddesk allergens?